July 29, 2011
American Eye Center at Greenbelt 5
After a week and a half of thinking about how to do this LASIK giveaway from American Eye Center, I’ve come to figure something out. I’ve read all your comments at my blog about the new all-laser LASIK machine sharing your stories about why you want this procedure. It would be hard for me to be responsible for choosing the most deserving winner. Double checking the count from Random.org alone ate up 2 hours of my time, I can’t imagine the stress of choosing who I think deserves a free LASIK surgery worth almost P100,000. So I figured something out…
American Eye Center is giving away ONE FREE LASIK SURGERY to one of my readers. This is completely transferrable. So you can give the gift of seeing to someone you care about. And let’s say you win but you end up not qualified for the surgery (there’s a barrage of tests you have to go through), you can give the chance to someone else. If you want to know more about the procedure and American Eye Center, please follow EyeTweets on Twitter.
During the press conference, members of the media watched the procedure through this monitor.
The operating room is actually visible from the reception area, behind these glass walls. Here, Dr. Alnette Tan was performing surgery on Magic 89.9 TM DJ Jessica Mendoza.
I just need to say this… I underwent LASIK in 2005, and though it was the scariest thing I’ve ever done, it was also one of the best things I’ve done. Completely life changing. The procedure was painless and fast. The worst thing about it was my fear and anxiety. I am not at all trying force you to get LASIK just because it’s free. This is something only you could decide for yourself. It took me years to decide to do it and when I did, I wondered why I waited so long. Just as with anything, there will always be risks. The doctors there will tell you everything you need to know. So ask questions… better yet, read up on it. Be informed. Now having said that, I have complete trust in the doctors at American Eye Center.
And for the purposes of disclosure, I am not paid for this “campaign.” AEC gave me a gift after appearing in their press conference, and that is a free certificate for their new LASIK machine to be given to anyone I want. I could have given it to one of my sisters, but I choose to give it to one of my readers.
So here’s how we’ll do it.
1. First, LIKE American Eye Center in Facebook.
1. Leave a comment below, tell me why you think you should be awarded this chance at LASIK (either for yourself or special someone). Those who already left their stories at the earlier blog entry need not write a new one here. All those previous entries will already be counted and have been read. New entries can be posted here below.
2. I will select 12 candidates based on your stories/comments with the help of my mom and dad in Canada. They like reading my blog. Selection will be done on Monday August 1, 2011 at 3pm.
3. The 12 candidates will be notified by email, tweet or Disqus on Monday 6pm (give or take a few hours, you know me).
I will most likely ask for your photo and/or the photo of who you want to give LASIK to. You will need their approval before we post their photo.
4. By Tuesday morning, all 12 candidates and their stories will be posted on the Daphne Facebook wall.
5. From Tuesday, August 2 to Friday, August 5 at 6pm, all 12 candidates will have to gather “LIKES” on their stories. More detailed instructions on Monday night (So yes, you’re going to have to do the work, not me.)
6. The candidate with the most number of likes by Friday August 5 at 6pm will WIN the certificate for LASIK surgery.
EDIT: I’ve decided to remove the Facebook campaigning aspect. There will be 12 pre-selected candidates. Then final choice will be at random. More here.
EDIT: August 1, 2011 6:51 pm – contest is now closed. All comments posted after this time will not be counted.
You might also like:
LEAVE A COMMENT