January 26, 2012
Over the holidays I received some samples of K Palette (1 Day Tattoo) Real Lasting eye liner and eyebrow liner from the exclusive distributors. It took me a while to try it because the word “tattoo” scared me. I did a bit of research first and found some very positive reviews of this Japanese product. So I tried it and loved it. I even made my own amateur video demo below.
Both eyeliner and eyebrow liners come with a micro fiber brush applicator that allows full control and ease in application. The claim to fame of this product – and what makes it the “holy grail” of many makeup artists is that it stays put for 24 hours! Even if you cry, sweat or get rained on, your 1 Day Tattoo liners will stay on. And don’t fret about removing the product because all it takes is soap and water. No need for eye makeup remover.
I did further research and found that the waterproof eyeliner has been rated consistently as one of the top selling eyeliners in Japan, with 10 million pieces sold since its inception in the market a few years ago. It has also won several best selling eyeliner awards year after year since its launch in Singapore. The eyebrow liner works so well. It has translucent ink so that you don’t get over-darkened eyebrows. It stays on all day even if you sweat. It is also smudge-proof. No need to retouch all day.
I was very intrigued with the product so I asked my makeup artist friend Xeng Zulueta if she’s heard of K-Palette. Her answer, “Ofcourse! I’ve been using it on you for years.” She discovered K-Palette years ago during her Shu Uemura makeup training days in Japan. I told her that the product is now available in the Philippines, exclusively at Beauty Bar. Each liner retails for P895.
I asked Xeng to share some tips for my readers. This is a product that many makeup professionals swear by. But it is also very popular among regular folk and novices. Here are Xeng’s tips.
1. Use the darker eyebrow pen when eyes are bare. Have an eyebrow brush handy and brush in the direction of the growth of the hair when blending.
2. For made up eyes/smokey eyes, opt for the lighter eyebrow pen to soften the over all look
3. W a light misting of hairspray, brush eyebrows into place to set
1. If your eyes are prone to veins and redness, opt for the black instead of the brown
2. Have a pointed q-tip handy to correct mistakes and smudge the liner
3. Try my anti-droopy eyeline technique: start lining the upper lash line outward going inward, using the 3rd to the last eyelash as starting point.
4. Wipe the eyeliner on a damp tissue to avoid clumping of powder/eyeshadow/concealer on the brush tip.
Here’s the little demo-slash-review of K-Palette Eyebrow liner. Don’t laugh.
The good news is, we are giving away six of these award-winning KPalette liners (3 eyebrow and 3 eyeliners). Open to anyone with a Philippine address. Just join the raffle through my rafflecopter program. All steps are mandatory. You increase your chances of winning if you log-in everyday and Tweet about the contest through rafflecopter.
Winners will be chosen at random by rafflecopter on Monday January 30. I’ll be announcing the winners on January 31st.
If you’re curious about KPalette, check them out at any Beauty Bar outlets nationwide.