I was supposed to post this early today but I have been glued to the TV and Facebook because of the Philippine national elections. Promise, no talk of politics here.
I posted my selfie after voting yesterday. And my friends shifted the discussion from the voting process to my skin. Ok ya, that photo is flattering. I think my phone has a natural filter. But I wasn’t really that fresh. I stood in line outside in the heat for almost two hours. I wore a hat and sunglasses and used an umbrella. I also had two fans, a manual and battery operated mini fan. My friends asked me about my beauty regimen. This is not to say that I am an authority in beauty. I’m not. It’s not something that I dwell on. But I do make an effort to take care of myself. My regimen is not complicated. But it takes a bit of commitment.
Last weekend I broadcasted live on Facebook. I was so amused at all the questions sent to me. I think 80% was about beauty. So I know that this is something important to you, my readers.
Like I always say, all I do is get a facial and a Power Peel at Belo every three weeks. I barely use any products on my face because I have tendency to be oily. I only use moisturizers when we are traveling in a cold climate. Here in Manila, my skin remains hydrated naturally, so I don’t add creams. I only spend on makeup remover and the occasional sunblock when I know I’ll be exposed.
I have been going to Belo for about eight years now. My regimen has remained the same. I like sticking to what works. I am happy with the quality of my skin. I can go out of the house, and even attend events, with no make up on. Seriously.
Fast forward to now, it is the month of Mother’s Day. I know most moms would love to get treats and pampering. So Belo Medical Group and I partnered to bring this amazing opportunity for you to get the same treatments I do. Most moms work too hard – in the office, on location, at home, and even just before going to bed. It seems like we are always “on” and never on break. Sometimes it feels like the entire house will fall apart if we were absent. But really, moms need to take a break regularly. Let everyone else pick up the slack. Take care of yourselves first before you can care for others.
So this week we are doing a major giveaway for one lucky mom. She will be getting a #BeloPamperDay. My lucky reader can have the chance to win a #BeloPamperDay gift certificate for herself or his/her mom. This amazing package includes –
- 1 session of Glycopeel Cleaning/Honey Almond Cleaning — An aromatic honey almond scrub that gently exfoliates dead skin cells and is perfect for those with dry and sensitive skin.
- 1 session of Body Scrub — The body scrub makes use of sea salt or sugar scrub to gently remove dead, dry, rough skin, leaving it soft and smooth.
- 1 session of Exilis in the abdomen area — A new body contouring and skin tightening machine. This makes use of focused RF technology to treat jowling, loose skin on the neck and décolletage area. It can also help fat and flabby abdomen, back, arms, legs, and knees.
All you have to do is tell us why your mom deserves to have this amazing beauty treat from Belo. Here are the mechanics:
- Upload a photo of you and your mom on Instagram and tell us why do you want to treat your mom to a #BeloPamperDay.
- Use the hashtag #BeloPamperDay on the caption and tag @belobeauty
- Post should be made public
- There will be one winner who will get all three treatments. Winner will be notified in Instagram.
- Contest runs from May 10-13 up to 3pm Manila Time. Announcement of winners can be on May 13 shortly after contest ends. You may claim the prize from May 16-20. The GC is valid for 6 months.
Congratulations, the winner is @chloelgmn