May 14, 2012
I didn’t forget Mother’s Day. I was just busy living it instead of writing about it. We had a huge weekend. So happy that my parents are here. It made mother’s day feel even more special with my Mom around. In keeping with my love for old photos, here are some more…
Happy mother’s day to my amazing mom, Rose, who taught me everything I know about being a mother and complete woman.
- how to make each child feel like she is the best and favourite because each child should feel that confident;
- how to support each child in choosing what she thinks she wants to do while a mother secretly hopes and prays the child will succeed in that chosen field/task;
- how to cook each kid’s favourite food and that a sprinkle of brown sugar always makes spaghetti and lasagna taste better;
- how to listen to three (in her case four) voices at the same time and pretend you hear them all;
- how to make your home beautiful and comfortable for all members of the family even if there’s clutter (to this day, we love going to my parents’ house);
- how to love and respect a husband so daughters will know how it is to be loved well and hopefully choose a good partner in the future;
- that it’s important for a mama to look and feel her best because it helps her become a better person and better mom;
- that a woman should have/earn her own money;
- that a woman should see the world before she gets married;
- that it’s better to order food than stress out over cooking party food (but she baked our birthday cakes and made apple pie from scratch anyway);
- that moms must find some quiet time to meditate and talk to God.
There are more lessons. Up to this day, I’m still learning from her. Amazing woman. Happy Mother’s Day, Mom!